You expect to be emotional when dropping them off on their first day of kindergarten but the emotions you feel on their last day is unexpected! lol Congrats to my baby boy, Coops! He is growing up!
Monday, January 02, 2012
I stopped by my blog today just to check out how I did on last year's resolutions. One of them was to post to this blog 2-3 times a month. Well, I did post 3 times in 2011 so I'd say that's a
2011 really was a great year for us. Personally, I ran 3 marathons, 2 half marathons, a 10k, 3 5ks and Ragnar. I raised money for a fantastic teacher while training for my last marathon and I qualified and joined the Marathon Maniacs. I've also made some new friends, read lots of good books and thoroughly enjoyed my first year back as a primary teacher.
Our vacations were short but fun. As a family, we went to St. George, Disneyland, Park City, Lagoon for a couple days and even flew to South Carolina for Thanksgiving. As a couple, Will and I went to San Francisco and I also spent a few days with my girlfriends in Southern Utah. Will got away to Vegas with his buddy Seth for a couple days, too.
Coleman and Cooper continue to grow and I continue to struggle with the internal conflict of being happy to watch them grow vs. being sad that I can't stop time and have them be my "little" ones just a bit longer. Coleman is insightful and kind. Cooper is energetic and precarious. They couldn't be more different and each year that passes proves it even more. I love being a mom. I am in love with those kids. They. Are. Everything.
Well, this wouldn't be a proper New Year's post without at least a couple resolutions so here goes-
- I will continue running throughout the year and run at least 2 marathons. (A good number since that is how many I'm signed up for already.) My foot is injured and I'm not sure how well I'll be running once I get back to it so no time goals for now.
- I will work on magnifying my callings at church (my current callings are primary teacher, yw asst camp director and visiting teacher). I will focus on making sure my primary kids, the young women and the ladies I visit teach know I love them through acts of service and kindness.
- I will apply to go back to school and start finishing what I started all those years ago.
- I will focus on the health of my family and be sure to feed them healthy, well thought out meals and set a good example for my boys with my own healthy habits.
- I will build my food storage, buying at least one thing a week to add to it and
- I will find and maintain balance in my life, remembering that, when I put my Father in Heaven first, He will help me to keep things in perspective.
I'd say that's a good list for now.
Happy 2012, all!