Life has a way of stressing us out, doesn't it? Just when things start running smoothly, a wrench gets thrown in, right?! I guess you've got to know the bad in order to appreciate the good sometimes and I am thrilled that it's my turn to appreciate the good! Yes, I'm leaving all my cares behind and headed to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth! I've spent hours upon hours scouting hotels, reading up on the best time to visit, scouring through hundreds of pictures of the park food and I even found a run route for early mornings around the park (see below)! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. There's just something about Disney. Call me a nerd but I'd say that I'm as excited (or more excited) than the kiddos. Although I have to admit that a large part of the excitement now is because it's so fun to see the boys enjoy themselves. So, anyway, here we go!
Monday, February 02, 2009
Not sure if I can think of more after doing 100 things about this time last year but I'll give it a shot. I'm feeling pretty random tonight.
- My big "diamond" in my ring is actually a CZ. Will always said we'd change it someday but I wouldn't change a thing. Reminds me of where we came from... We just really wanted to be married, money or not. I still feel like the luckiest woman alive.
- I'm super competitive. Even went as far as mooning Will once after he beat me in tennis. Not really proud of that one.
- I still have the ponytail that I cut off recently. Not really sure why. Just having a hard time letting go.
- I love going to the dentist because they've always said such nice things about my teeth.
- My oldest is constantly having to translate what my youngest is saying to me. "Coleman, what did Cooper say?" "He said he wants watch Spiderman." "Ohhhh. Ok."
- I've got something called Neurally Mediated Hypotension. In a nutshell, low blood pressure that just wears me out sometimes. This last month has been...ugh, exhausting!
- I drink 8 glasses of water everyday without fail.
- I deal with stress 3 ways: run, eat or shop. And lately shopping's been my only option. Sorry, honey!
- I love the fact that Cooper is in preK now and I get 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted "me" time every Tues. and Thurs. morning.
- I really want to do foster care someday.
- I cry or well-up at pretty much every live performance I see- the choir on Sunday (thank you Cami!), the Lion King show at Disney World, Coleman's singing time at school. Doesn't matter what it is. I'm just a mess. And I'm not even musically inclined. Live music just touches me for whatever reason.
- I want to publish a cookbook someday or own a candy shop. Either of those would allow me to wear a cute apron around all day, right?
- I am a low-maintenance gal. In fact, I hardly remember to cut my nails, much less paint them.
- My hands are always cold. In the winter, I drive with one hand on the wheel and the other under my leg. When that one gets cold, I switch. And so it goes until I get to where I'm going.
- I thought Yes Man was a really funny movie. I never like the movies that win all the awards... Call me simple.
- I really need to do some sit-ups.
- I honestly tried doing the Roger Rabbit the other day in front of the mirror and I can't remember how to do it.
- I'm doing a Biggest Loser challenge. Was in 1st place last week. 4th place this week. Goes 'til the end of March.
- I make the exact same things to eat every Sunday. Turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, grits and toast for breakfast and blackened salmon, rice pilaf and a green salad for dinner. Then chocolate chip cookies while watching the latest America's Funniest Home Videos. Every Sunday. It's tradition.
- I hardly ever answer the phone when it rings.
- I can't wait for spring! Darn you, Punxsutawney Phil! I've had enough of the cold.
- I love tax returns. This year, we are using part of it to buy Will some decent eyesight. He's really stoked about it.
- I found a gray hair in my eyebrow the other day (of all places.) First one. Gettin' old, gettin' old.
- This is my 172nd blog post.
- I'm a total night owl that needs to get up early so that usually means I don't get nearly enough sleep. Speaking of sleep... Nitey-nite!