I stopped by my blog today just to check out how I did on last year's resolutions. One of them was to post to this blog 2-3 times a month. Well, I did post 3 times in 2011 so I'd say that's a
2011 really was a great year for us. Personally, I ran 3 marathons, 2 half marathons, a 10k, 3 5ks and Ragnar. I raised money for a fantastic teacher while training for my last marathon and I qualified and joined the Marathon Maniacs. I've also made some new friends, read lots of good books and thoroughly enjoyed my first year back as a primary teacher.
Our vacations were short but fun. As a family, we went to St. George, Disneyland, Park City, Lagoon for a couple days and even flew to South Carolina for Thanksgiving. As a couple, Will and I went to San Francisco and I also spent a few days with my girlfriends in Southern Utah. Will got away to Vegas with his buddy Seth for a couple days, too.
Coleman and Cooper continue to grow and I continue to struggle with the internal conflict of being happy to watch them grow vs. being sad that I can't stop time and have them be my "little" ones just a bit longer. Coleman is insightful and kind. Cooper is energetic and precarious. They couldn't be more different and each year that passes proves it even more. I love being a mom. I am in love with those kids. They. Are. Everything.
Well, this wouldn't be a proper New Year's post without at least a couple resolutions so here goes-
- I will continue running throughout the year and run at least 2 marathons. (A good number since that is how many I'm signed up for already.) My foot is injured and I'm not sure how well I'll be running once I get back to it so no time goals for now.
- I will work on magnifying my callings at church (my current callings are primary teacher, yw asst camp director and visiting teacher). I will focus on making sure my primary kids, the young women and the ladies I visit teach know I love them through acts of service and kindness.
- I will apply to go back to school and start finishing what I started all those years ago.
- I will focus on the health of my family and be sure to feed them healthy, well thought out meals and set a good example for my boys with my own healthy habits.
- I will build my food storage, buying at least one thing a week to add to it and
- I will find and maintain balance in my life, remembering that, when I put my Father in Heaven first, He will help me to keep things in perspective.
I'd say that's a good list for now.
Happy 2012, all!