Monday, November 24, 2008

An attitude of gratitude.

Tonight, as the computer was scrolling through our pictures on our screensaver, I saw a picture of a sunset that I took in Cambria this summer and I realized something- that picture in no way embodies what that moment was like. At that moment I was breathless because of the majesty of the earth. It was one of those moments when you realize that you are but a blip on the radar. I felt humbled. There is a reason why a picture never does a moment like that justice. It's because it's not just about what you saw. It's about how you felt. So, today I'm thankful for the beauty of the earth and I vow to find more moments to appreciate it.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I have loved reading all of your gratitude posts. They have been funny, sweet, endearing and inspiring. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Okay, if you want to appreciate the earth more you HAVE to go to Yellowstone! It is so beautiful up there! I understand what you mean when you say pictures don't do justice because of the feeling behind the picture, VERY TRUE!! Thanks for all your fun post this past week or so, it's been great reading them!

Total Pageviews