Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I survived a night alone!

Will had to go to Clear Creek yesterday for Lehi Jr.'s Leadership Camp, so I was all alone in this big house! (Well, not completely alone. Of course, I have my two strapping boys here to take care of me. All 60 lbs of 'em!) I really have a hard time sleeping when Will's not here. My imagination runs wild and at 3 o'clock in the morning I'm awake sitting in bed and listening to every little squeak or creak the house makes thinking each one is a potential ne'er-do-well inching his way towards me. I'm so dependent on my husband to make me feel safe. I don't think that's a bad thing, though. It's a great thing to have someone in your life that you trust that much. When he's gone, everything just seems off. And when he's home, everything feels right again. And then all is well in the land of Alicia.

Let's see, I haven't posted since Friday. So what has happened since then? Oh, Saturday, I decided to skip tennis and go to the Enrichment activity but I only went for about an hour and a half. I'm really glad I went. The one class I got to go to was on marriage and the speaker was really funny. He talked about how to communicate with your spouse, which actually is not much of a problem in our marriage. Will's a great communicator. It probably helps that he's had lots of couseling education and experience and will soon be studying to become a licensed therapist. He wouldn't be much of a counselor or therapist if he couldn't communicate.

After Enrichment, I took Coleman to a birthday party down the street. He had such a great time. All the kids got their own super hero cape and they got to play in a cardbourd box that had been converted into a Batcave. It's so nice to see him developing friendships.

No comments:

Total Pageviews