Saturday, May 20, 2006

Living Traditions Festival


Today we took a family trip to Salt Lake City to go to the Living Traditions Festival. We've gone each year for the past 4 years. It's really fun. They have a long row of food booths and all of them had foods from a different country- anything from Irish to Lebanese to Hawaiian. We sampled food from the Thai, Tongan, Bosnian, and Sudanese booths today. Oh, it was all so good! It's really a nice day out for us. It's all outside at the county square, so there are plenty of big shade trees to sit under and eat. They also have entertainment on two stages throughout the day. While we were there we got to see the Tongan Brass Band. Coleman really liked listening to the music. He really likes to watch people play instruments. I'm considering buying a keyboard for him to mess around with. Who knows? Maybe he has some natural musical talent. I guess we'll see.

Oh, here's some big news. I'm now a proud owner of an mp3 player! I know, I know. I am the last person on earth to get one. I got a good deal bidding on a used one on eBay. I'm not one to spend big bucks on an iPod. This one is the generic brand and it holds about 50 songs. It's perfect for jogging! It's nice to have something that doesn't skip. Oh, and it even has an FM tuner so you can listen to the radio if you want. I'm so tech savvy... ;)

1 comment:

Jen & the Claw said...

I can't believe that me and La missed it this year. I saw a commercial about it and didn't even catch the dates that it was being held. I guess we can go next year with our new family! I hope by then he can eat solid foods so he can try all the yummy foods we are tasting!

Thank you so much for coming to the bbq and bringing cookies. Your cookies are the bomb! They are just the right size for me to eat and I'm trying to control myself from eating a million of them.

Total Pageviews