Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tyson!

Here's a pic of the birthday boy with his cake. He wanted a pirate cake so that's what I gave him. I had to make sure that I had a treasure chest with chocolate gold coins. That was Tyson's only "requirement." So, along with the treasure chest, I made a pirate ship covered in fondant "wood" and an island covered in nilla wafer "sand" and blue water made from royal icing. Amy kept coming over to the cake and nibbling on the "water." I think she got a kick out of being able to actually eat it. The birthday party was at Carl's Jr. and the kids had a blast playing in the playplace there. What a great way to tire your kids out- feed them food with no nutritive value and them let them wear themselves out in the playroom. Coleman should sleep like a baby tonight. Not to mention the sugar crash...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cake! Thank you for sharing the pictures. What a creative way to use food to make this magical cake!

Total Pageviews