Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A sad occasion.

This week started off on a somber note. I attended a funeral Monday morning for a little six-yr-old girl. She was the grand-daughter to a dear neighbor and I wanted to show my support. It was heart-wrenching and left me with a knot in my throat as I tried to keep it together. Upon returning home, I was emotional and grateful for my own blessings. I have to say, though, that there was an underlying note of joy among her family. They talked about how they knew that she is in heaven running and jumping as she never had before and how blessed their family was to have her for those six short years. It is so great to know that our Heavenly Father has told us that we can reunite with our families after death. What a great comfort that is to her family and to anyone who loses a loved one. It was a beautiful service.

So, be sure to give thanks and recognize what a beautiful blessing it is to have healthy children. Let them know how much you love and appreciate them.

1 comment:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

My heart completely goes out to that family! I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child, but I am certain that is many times worse than anything I have experienced in my own life.

Thank you for the reminder that we should appreciate how lucky we are to have our healthy families! It's so easy to forget that sometimes with the hectic pace of day to day life.

Total Pageviews