Thursday, June 01, 2006

School's out!

It's bittersweet, really. Coleman out of school means no more long, lazy afternoons with just Cooper and I but schools letting out for summer also means that Will has two months off. Last summer, I was in my third trimester of pregnancy and Will worked on the sprinkler system in the yard all summer so we really didn't get to enjoy it. This year, we have lots of family fun planned, so summer here we come!

Last night, Coleman helped me make dirt cakes for his teacher and her aides. (Dirt cakes are cute cakes that you serve in a flower pot, complete with fake flower, gummy worms, and a garden trowel.) I delivered them when I picked Coleman up from school today and they really liked them. I was talking to my neighbor, Jen, today about how attached you can become to your children's teachers. And it's true. I think it has something to do knowing that they become an important part of your child's life and in effect, your own life. It was all I could do to keep it together when I was saying goodbye. His teacher, Miss Sheila, won't be returning next year and I just hope that the teacher that replaces her is just as compassionate and attentive as she is. We really liked her.

Hey, does anyone need a Wireless USB Adapter? I'm selling one on ebay. It's already got 2 bids and I just listed it yesterday! This eBay thing is kinda fun. Hmm, what else can I sell? Maybe I can make some more spending money for the trip. :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews