Saturday, May 26, 2007

My 1st wedding cake!


I was so stressed out over this cake! It was my first wedding cake, my first 3-tiered cake and my first time using whipped cream frosting on a stacked cake. That's a lot of firsts! It did not turn out exactly how I had pictured it in my minds eye but I'm pretty happy with the end product. I was in disaster mode last night because I couldn't get the frosting smooth (note to self: NEVER use whipped cream frosting on a wedding cake again!) and the buttercream decorations I put on were starting to slide down the cake. Then, this morning I went out to buy flowers for the cake only to find out that (duh!) it's Memorial Day weekend and fresh flowers aren't that easy to come by unless you order them in advance. So, I bought silk flowers instead. I just feel like anything that could've gone wrong with this cake did go wrong. So, I'm just happy that I was able to pull it all together and it still looks like it's supposed to. Chalk this one up as a learning experience. Dad, are you still sure you want me to do your wedding cake?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Alicia, you do amaze me, sugar! And to do this all by yourself is no small feat. Besides the talent, you have courage. You did good, girl! It goes to show that all the things we go through getting to the final point can be smoothed over, beautified, and fixed, so don't worry so much about the bumps along the way, just keep trying!
I guess you will have to take a picture of your dad's cake to show me your next wedding creation! Love you!! Mom(Nona)

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I think it looks awesome, too! However did you manage it with two boys running around??

Jen & the Claw said...

That definitely doesn't look like a disaster! It looks "perfecto"! You do an awesome job and kudos to you for a job well done! I'm sure the couple loved it! Our anniversary is coming up. Want to make us a cake? I have this pineapple guava jam I want to use up. Or I have that ligonberry preserves from IKEA that I bought. MMM...sounds good already!

Anonymous said...

I was really looking forward to a whipped cream icing cake. : )

Chai Thai said...

It is a beautiful wedding cake. Congratulations, Alicia. Good work! I'm proud of you, Alicia. Love. Your mother-in-low.

Stephanie said...

Wow for your first wedding cake thats looks pretty good for me im making my first wedding cake this week wish me luck im sure im going to need it any tip????

Total Pageviews