Saturday, April 08, 2006

Another early morning.

I'm not sure what's going on but the past three days I've been waking up in the early morning with a headache and each morning I can't get back to sleep. This morning it was 5:30 and now I'm going to be exhasted at my first tennis lesson. Let's hope that I get a second wind at about 8:30!

It's been a good week here. There has been a lot going on. I had a book club meeting on Tuesday. We discussed last month's book, A Tale of Desperaux. It was an interesting book and it's always fun to get together with the other ladies in the club. Then on Thursday the Relief Society had our annual birthday dinner. A dance company came and put on a beautiful perfomance. I went thinking that it would be boring but it really was great! I heard a lot of sniffles in the crowd and I was definitely emotional. I'm thankful for having that time to be truly introspective. I think I get so caught up in life and all of the demands of day-to-day that it's hard for me to take myself out of it and remember who I am and what I'm truly here for. I was just reminded to be a little easier on myself. I do not need to be perfect and worry about appearances so much. Be yourself and believe in yourself. That was a really good reminder for me.

On a lighter note, I decide to try out an aerobics class that one of the ladies in the ward has been teaching. I was unsure about how good of a workout it would be but it was actually a great workout and I'm even a little sore today. We went from 9:30 to 11:00 and worked the whole time. Not bad. I think I'll start going more often. What's really nice about it, too, is that we can take our kids and they can play on one side of the gym while we use the other side. Coleman was a little grumpy because I woke him up early but he enjoyed playing with the other kids. And Cooper sat quietly on a blanket the whole time and just played with toys and watched everybody. I can tell that he can't wait to be running around with the other kids.

I'm headed to tennis now. I'm a little nervous that I'll be awful but if I were awesome at tennis I wouldn't need lessons, right!? :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews