Thursday, March 23, 2006

Holy Migraine!

So, Will and I are running a 5k for cancer research on May 13th and I am trying to run as much as I can to be sure that I'm ready for it. I think I may have overdone it yesterday though. I walked on the treadmill for about 30 min. yesterday afternoon while Coleman was at school, then we went on a family walk when Will got home from work, then I did 2 toning exercise videos on On Demand, and finally ran 3 miles on the treadmill last night. Then as soon as I got off the treadmill last night I developed this terrible migraine (which kept me up half the night.) I'm still recovering from it. I guess I just have to watch myself and make sure that I don't get too crazy about exercising. Anybody that knows me well knows that there is a delicate balance between healthy exercise and overexercising for me. I definitely don't want another migraine like that one so I'll just tone it down a bit...

Anyway, I haven't posted in a couple of days so let me think... Oh, we put Cooper in the Johnny Jump-up for the 1st time! He just loves it! I think that sort of exercise is just what he needs to tire him out before he goes to bed. Although, the only doorway we have to put it in downstairs is the door to the pantry so I only put him in there while I'm doing dishes or making dinner. When Coleman was a baby, we would put him in it and he would just hang there. They really are such different kids. It's fun seeing Cooper's personality grow.

We have been doing speech homework with Coleman every night and yesterday he used a six word sentence! I can't remember exactly what it was. Something like, "I think it is too scary" or close to that. He has come such a long way from the one word demands of 6 months ago. I am just amazed at this child's ability to learn. He is definitely growing by leaps and bounds!

No comments:

Total Pageviews